TV personality Megan Meany has reported on everything from the hottest celebrity news for E! News Live, to the latest fashion trends for the Style Network, and even traffic reports for WNBC. Today Megan is a lifestyles expert and host who appears on some of TV’s top national programs such as “Today” and “The Rachael Ray Show.” After all these years under studio lights, Megan has come to rely on some no-fail beauty products to help her look her best for every single show. She’s guest-posting on Gloss today to tell us more about her must-haves.
Megan Meany’s Must-Haves:
As a lifestyle reporter my beauty must-haves are like guardian angels. They never fail me. It’s how I shine (not melt) in the spotlight. Over the years, spinning through many a-makeup chair I’ve collected insights from my on-camera comrades and the professional artists who primp us to perfection.
Here are my Must Haves for an A+ appearance …
1. I never set foot on a morning show without smoothing my skin the night before with Peter Thomas Roth’s Glycolic Acid 10% Hydrating Gel. I used to pay for pricey chemical peels until a make-up artist at NBC told me a trip to Sephora could improve texture, lighten sun spots and fight wrinkles. I’ve been using this product ever since.
2. Proper highlighting is a must for serious star power. Mally’s Light Wand Eye Brightener in the inside corner of the eyes and just under the eyebrow makes me look like I got 8 hours of sleep even when I was reporting the traffic at 4:30 a.m.
3. One day during an appearance at VH1 the music stopped, we took a commercial break, and they touched me up with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Illuminator–it’s a must on cheekbones for that luminescent, J. LO- perfect glow.
4. Here’s a trick you can use from the studio to sidewalk: Individual fake eyelashes are a natural way to extend your lashes. Ditch the strips. If you’re a first timer, black glue likethis one from Lus is more forgiving with mistakes than clear.
5. When I don’t have time to hit the salon, I’ve learned how to blow-dry my own hair and it’s all about the brush. 3MEprofessionalbrushes are Italian-made in metal or hair and they cut static. People ask me all the time if I’ve just come from a blow out.
6. On a recent TV trip to Los Angeles a producer begged me not to scare West Coast viewers with my white East Coast gams! We drove to the nearest CVS and bought Sally Hansen’s Airbrush Legs. I got an instant five day Malibu beach tan for $12. Compare that to $65 professional spray tan and you know why this is a must have!